 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4574
Re: Back, to, life, back, to, re-a-li-tay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:05:09 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Personally, I think the wire hanging off the RCX would somewhat hinder
the transition of movement of your 'bot.

That makes the assumption that Iain wants a moving robot.

SHHhhhhhh! :)

It's an easy mistake to make in designing a contest-assuming a certain
design solution given the problem.  I try very hard to make sure we don't
prescribe a recommended way of doing a task via the rules.

Yes! I'm very glad that you make that effort, too. It encourages design...
variability. Or something. It lets people do new ways. And stuff.

But your situation overall is a valid one, Ben.  There was a short debate
about fibre weapons probably around rtl3 when JeffE proposed a rule • against
them, and it's probably a good idea.  How about AC power is okay if your
robot doesn't leave the 18" start square?

"Please do not trip me with your power cord" says a robot named Marlana.

    Iain