 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 433
Re: Oh my... what did your robot do to my wall?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:00:50 GMT

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message

first robot to stop closest to the wall  wins???

Well... I was thinking you have a ~5 metre runway (light-colour) to gain
speed. Then the track changes to a dark colour (blackish) for a short time
(half a metre?) before ending at the wall.

You want to get as FAST as possible across the finish line (transition
between white and back) and stop as fastas possible after that.

You might be scored:

(distance in centimetres past the finish line) / (time taken from start to
finish)

(does that work? I hate math... but if you DIVIDE by a SMALLER number then
the denominator should numerate... and thus, the earth implodes...?????)

However, you have a good idea, too, Chris! Get as close to the wall without
hiting it. Although, then everyone has to figure out how to do prox
detection.

with the understanding that if your robot screws up then it HITS the
wall.

Yes, that too :)

    Iain