 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 421
Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 02:15:02 GMT

OK, looks like we are coming down with more details.

lots of stuff for me to type so here goes:

Rob:   Its real easy to run an event, heck Calum and i do it often
enuff.  the hard part is in the details.  like (for stacking) you'd need
to find/beg/borow/steal enuff blocks,  get a stop watch of some kind to
time the event,  think about preventing little kids from jumping on the
playfeild,   if you use a second playfeild; you'd need a way to get it
there, a place to store it before and after. any announcements have to
be made in a loud room silencing way (which is weird if your a quiet
type like myself  8)   )   All this stuff is not hard, but someone has
to do it.  this would go for any type  second event.

My personal opinion from all the threads get summarized like this:

-  1  game of (probably) blocks out of my yard (or as Calum calls it
Maxwell's demons)

-  The next event will be  sat.  June 9  2001

- we should be able to aquire ALL 3 rooms of the library

- we will collect $20 from anyone who WANTS to pay for group debts and
Calum will maintains a FRIENDS of RTLToronto  page for people who give

- Rob might run a stacker game (which could be run on a soon to be
painted half black half white playfeild)

-many people have made good points about not needing $$ either for a
robot entry, or audience fee.  (this is ok with me)

- a simple main robot game will allow players to get a chance to walk
around and chat with other players (as opposed to re-programing the
robot)

- Calum is right:  token prizes are great, anything else makes it too
much like needing to be an adult to organize (although   -> I'd   <-
still like to win a RIS)

this is the word according to Garp.  :)

I still have to take my stacker  apart.

Chris