 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3881
Re: robot building....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 03:13:40 GMT

Note everyone, 10.1 is THIS FRIDAY, March 8th at 6pm at the University of
Toronto.  I mailed out a few people with an email, but the event into was
posted last week on group:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=3820

Calum, thanks for reporting this...

I may have a problem implementing the code for it....since I am too new to the
programming scene.

The code's relatively easy to do.  Just download the code example from the
BBRC website, tweak it to fit your robot, then compile/upload it using NQC.
Get BricXCC or RCXCC with NQC and it's extra easy!

hmmm....well I am not that familiar with programming as I said earlier...
like the last time I did any type of programming/coding etc was in Computer
Science class (approx. 7 years ago) and we did some simple arrays on
Basic.

I don't have Mindstorm software install because I am afraid of the amount of
time it will take to install...with demo's I hear it takes a while....
NQC... well see the above point.... I don't know too much about codeing
and decompiling to make a reasonable attempt at it... worst comes to worse,
I'll just install the Mindstorm software, and "teach my bots" how to a simple
synchronized dance... :)

Ben