 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3878
Re: robot building....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I put together a simple design for rtl 10.1 (assuming it is next weekend).
Are the prospective "testers" going to get private e-mails???  I will probably
get my 2nd "player".... (identical twins, I guess) built by Friday.  I have
the basic chasis design for it.... just need to work on it to match my fist

Note everyone, 10.1 is THIS FRIDAY, March 8th at 6pm at the University of
Toronto.  I mailed out a few people with an email, but the event into was
posted last week on group:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=3820

I may have a problem implementing the code for it....since I am too new to the
programming scene.  Robots must be no larger than 8 inches square, right?
Because the total length of 'bot is just under the 8 inch mark.

The code's relatively easy to do.  Just download the code example from the
BBRC website, tweak it to fit your robot, then compile/upload it using NQC.
Get BricXCC or RCXCC with NQC and it's extra easy!

Robots must be no larger than 8 inches cubed.

I will bring my "team" entry at the testing.  At the "event" I will be open
to suggestions for improvement, but being my first "foray" into robots, I
don't expect it to be as high of calibre as some of the other "regular robot
builders..."

Making the attempt and effort is the point-don't worry if you can't get it
perfect, doing _something_ is a start!

Calum