 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 20
Re: Hi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:23:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
As per usual, not exactly up on things...
Maybe I should pay attention more.
Anyway, is it official that the size of the 'bot is unlimited now?  So if I
built a robot say, 7' 11 1/2" by 7' 11 1/2" and dropped it down in the arena,
and gathered up all the blocks with one sweeping motion (thus depriving the
other 'bot of blocks), I could do that?  Much akin to Chris's Corner 'bot with
the fold down walls.  At least I think it was Chris's.

Well, that's the direction: The general idea was that people will unlikely
build the 7 foot square bot, but they might need a few extra inches, so if we
relax it, no one really would complain.  But it's up for debate.

As well, I will try to get to Mels on Friday.  I finish work (in Burlington) • at
5, usually stay a bit after, and traffic is not so good going to TO on Friday
afternoon.
What's the best route to take coming from the QEW?  Gardiner to what?  Where • do
I park?

Here's what I suggest-if you can, park at a TTC station (ie, Kipling, should
be open by 5 pm) and take the subway in, because Mel's is right on the subway
line and you can get off at Bathurst and walk the block over east.

If you drive in, usually the way I go is Gardiner to York/University, up
University, west on College, then up Spadina to Bloor then across west a bit.
That way instead of exiting Spadina and battling Chinatown, you can go up the
relatively civilized University Avenue.  Another option is to figure a
creative way across via Dundas eastward winding your way up diagonally.

Parking is somewhat weird in that location, because it's Bloor.

Calum