 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17562
17561  |  17563
Subject:
Bacon popcorn, - was something about my 24hr of my first day off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:35:04 GMT

Right off the top, I want to say that Janey did "warn" me that this was not
going to be a good idea, and I might not survive the night.

Well, its been 8hr since "the bacon event day" and I'm alive.

** those offended by pork, might want to stop reading now **

As you might have read from my previous posts, I found a web page of a guy who
made a few mega bacon "meals." I saw room for improvement, and thought today was
the day.

The weather was perfect, the huge storm that was predicted, came, and I felt
like it would be just right to hide, and be snowed in.
<<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon01.jpg>>

I was going to start off easy; after acquiring the movie
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/  "The man from earth,">  I needed a nice
snack.  My first foray into the bacon day was.... "bacon popcorn."

I gathered all the things i would need:  Microwave popcorn, Instant bacon, some
margarine.  <<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon02.jpg>>

After heating the pre cooked bacon, I used kitchen scissors to coarsely chop it
into bite size bits. while cutting, I nuked the popcorn. and made ready the
margarine: <<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon03.jpg>>

My favorite ikea popcorn stainless steel popcorn bowl was brought out, and the
now popped bag of corn was de-steaming.  careful, the bag may steam, and cause
burns.  I was a bit concerned about trans fats, so I opted for the 0 trans fat
popcorn. <<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon04.jpg>>

With the popcorn "topping" melted in the microwave, I was ready to pour it on.
<<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon05.jpg>>

next came the bacon <<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon06.jpg>>

and finally the snack after a light toss
<<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon07jpg>>

the 2 things I have learned.

1.  The movie was fantastic - the acting by the supporting characters was not
much better than high school quality, but the STORY, and concept was fantastic.

2. bacon popcorn is delicious; as can be seen in this shot:
<<http://www.thepyroguys.com/bacon/bacon08.jpg>>

Regards Chris

my next post will detail my next phase, the bacon quesadillas