 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17535
Re: New LEGO RoboCam'Bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:19:08 GMT

OK, Im now back to playing, and building.  Ive made a SUPER SIMPLE pan/tilt rig
from my craptastic web cam.

I want to be able to control the RCX via the interweb.  Ive found a few posts
online, many point to webrcx (beta 3) - which, i've downloaded.

Now, im stuck. I dont have my own server.  I Do have a domain where I can FTP
stuff. I use a simple broadband connection with a dynamic IP. I program in
basic; and thats about it.

Is there a step by step, or moron proof click here and just keep saying "next"
type program that would allow for a control web page.

Dave?   Dave?

anyone?

Chris
lube not needed for the tilting.

<snip>

I haven't looked at my webcam pages for like a hundred years...

http://www.sandysparky.net/legocam.htm

but they're still there.  My best guess is the FTP page--get your pics updated
somewhere and then get the little jave applet to do the refresh of the page
every 10 seconds or so.

Look at the source of the FTP pages.  I'll try to dig up the java's needed from
my server.

For my webcam to be on-line again, I just have to plug in the camera to the
server--haven't bothered.

Dave K