 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1618
Re: Carlsbad coasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:

busy blasting along the Autobahn at 200 klicks on my way to Heidelberg to
bother stopping.

Sounds like a ride in itself. ;)

Ya. At 200 you have to stay on your toes. You need to be watching as far
ahead as you possibly can see for anything that may require you to slow down
or take evasive action (some french car that is way underpowered doing
something stupid or whatever), and you need to keep an eye on your rear view
mirror for those big audis, benzs and bimmers coming up behind you going
over 250 that you have to get out of the way of.

OK, I'm curious. What vehicle were you driving at the time?
I'm assuming you were in a rental.
The fastest I've ever driven was about 210km/h. That was top top-end in my
dad's Taurus when I was racing a Z24, which I might add could not keep up.
I've done about 200km/h in a friends 2000 Z28 also. Boy there's a lot of
air movement doing 200 clicks with the top down. That was a rush in itself.

Tim Strutt   8^)
(who likes to make his Neon governor kick in at 195km/h on Ontario highways)

Hey Tim: Nice...so that's why you don't mind coming to Toronto to some of
the events...good luck with your next Parlugment meeting...hope you guys
make some excellent train models....

Benjamin Medinets