 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1610
Re: Carlsbad coasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:41:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

<after a bit more digging around sites> AIIII... I drove right past
EuropaPark last summer and didn't stop. Some coaster buff I am, I was too
busy blasting along the Autobahn at 200 klicks on my way to Heidelberg to
bother stopping.

Sounds like a ride in itself. ;)

Ya. At 200 you have to stay on your toes. You need to be watching as far
ahead as you possibly can see for anything that may require you to slow down
or take evasive action (some french car that is way underpowered doing
something stupid or whatever), and you need to keep an eye on your rear view
mirror for those big audis, benzs and bimmers coming up behind you going
over 250 that you have to get out of the way of.

Did you know that you can get a ticket in Germany for *not getting out of
the left lane when a faster car comes up behind you*... That SO RULES. We SO
need that law in North America. :-)

++Lar

Actually, Lar, we need a rule, first, that lets you drive as fast as you
want on the highways....if people could drive better here in north america
it just might help....all too often, most of the time a lot of people fail
to pay complete attention to the roadway. :(

Benjamin Medinets (who compulsively likes to drive 130 plus KM / Hour on
ontario roadways!!!) :)