 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1616
Re: Carlsbad coasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:37:08 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Ya. At 200 you have to stay on your toes. You need to be watching as far
ahead as you possibly can see for anything that may require you to slow • down
or take evasive action (some french car that is way underpowered doing
something stupid or whatever), and you need to keep an eye on your rear • view
mirror for those big audis, benzs and bimmers coming up behind you going
over 250 that you have to get out of the way of.

Gawd that's frightening. How much variation do you typically see in speeds?
IE, you mentioned people driving 250 km/h - are there people still puttering
along in the right-lanes going 80 km/h?

Did you know that you can get a ticket in Germany for *not getting out of
the left lane when a faster car comes up behind you*... That SO RULES. We • SO
need that law in North America. :-)

That is a fantastic rule that, agreed, should be much better implemented
over here. I recently heard that they were giving tickets for this, but I
don't know how strongly it's enforced.

    Iain