 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16066
Re: Jambalya!!! (and FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 21:05:21 GMT

<snip>

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=191

This sort of addresses the, who is a bigger problem, you, me or is all of
rtlToronto tainted with this (eg, DaveK, JeffVW).

Calum

I think I'll make my own poll--In the grand scheme of things, who cares?

The world'll think that rtlToronto is this or they'll think its that...

In the end, if someone 'out there' has a legitimate issue with how rtlToronto
(or anyone in rtlToronto) does or does not do things, then the person has to
take it up with whomever in rtlT.

I mean, all this quibbing about 'Do we suck?' because someone stated that they
didn't like something someone at rtl stated somewhere in the past--well, grow
up.

This isn't grade 1 and we're not passing notes back and forth about how much we
dislike Timmy or Johnny.

Grow some and state honestly and openly what your issue is.  If you don't like
Chris's perceived yippiness and 'I wanna do things my way!', then state that
openly with Chris.  Seriously, I've met the guy--his 'on-line' persona isn't
this tin-pot dictator--he really doesn't care what the rules are for 'bot
competitions, as long as there are rules and that we can build and learn
somehting from the competition.

Calum isn't some 'micro-manager' who has to parse every single rule to make sure there are no 'hassenplugs', but he does tend to be thorough.   Right now I can think of worse personality traits one can have.  And he really does hate it when people look for the loopholes instead of the 'spirit of the competition'.

Maybe it's the 'I like everyone' thing in me, combined with the 'life is too
short for soap operas' such as this.

When someone asks the question--is rtl full of pricks (or just the leaders)?
It's the person that has the issue--not rtlToronto, not Chris and not Calum.

rtlToronto has specific members who want specific things--rtlToronto has never
stated that people couldn't run castle shows or build space things or whatever.
However, rtlToronto has chosen to specifically focus on trains and robot
competitions.  If members of rtlToronto want to build space modules, not one
person in the group has thwarted that endeavour.  Sure there might be 'mockage',
but that goes with anyone who was raised on Seinfeld.  If you don't have a
remotely resonable thicker skin to handle such mockage, then it's you with the
issue.  And I might point out that everyone loved Jeff VW's space modules at the
last few shows.

For I am Dave, the guy who has 1-2-3 Marie driving his 8448 at shows/meetings.
You want to talk mockage???

Grow up and take some ownage for your own issues instead of projecting the
'victimization' on rtlT and/or Chris and Calum.

None of the above is to say that we shouldn't be introspective sometimes.  Right
now I'm noting that both leaders of rtlT are putting effort into reassessing how
they present themselves and I applaud them for doing same.

And if you so desire, show up for an rtl dinner with your castle moc.  I'd show
interest in it, and I think others would as well.

And let's give a little credit--we're workign on rtl22 (I think)--that's like
20ish public robot competitions!  That's quite the high number.  And lest we
forget that rtlT is also doing train shows--in conjunction with others from
around the area, and Chris is mocking that quite thoroughly, but the shows are
still done.

Well, that's about all I have to say

Dave K