 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16055
16054  |  16056
Subject:
Jambalya!!! (and FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 17:46:35 GMT

It wasn't my idea, but it was tossed arond at the Toy, Train and Doll show last
weekend...

See, there was a person there selling LEGO bricks for around 10 cents per
brick--5 cents for basic bricks and 25 cents for mini-fig parts...

Anywho, at the end of the day I offered a lump sum for all remaining stock and
walked off (and spilled on the way out) a whole bunch of bins of LEGO bricks.

The niftiest find thus far (adn I'm still sorting so I might find something even
niftier) is a 1x2 white electric plate--added that one to my Technic collection!

But that's parenthetical to what I want to talk about.

What I really came her to discuss is the follwing--

Whilst at the show, one of my good friends went and purchased a whole bunch of
red window inserts for the 3x4 window frames.  At 10 cents per piece, it wasn't
a huge amount of money, but the thing of it is--I have soooo many of those red
inserts that I'll never ever use them all.

So the proposal (may have been Chris--the ruler of all things everywhere) was
thus--we go to each others homes and have a boo at the LEGO collection on site.
We work out a deal with the owner of the collection--"I take these pieces from
your collection that I need for those pieces from my collection that you need"
The discussion will ensue and all parties can come away with pieces they
want/need and no need to purchase anything--exchange is a good thing!  :)

And we visit, en masse or individually, each other's collection.

I dunno--could be fun or could be a nightmare.

Anyway, throwing it out there.

Dave K