 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16062
Re: Jambalya!!! (and FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 17:28:37 GMT

As a follow up to my GREAT idea, and it is my idea 100%  !!! in fact, i
first invented the concept of Jambalaya way back when Lugnet first
thought about it....

You see, that's why they hate us....Dave came up with the idea!   And no one can see you smirking over the Internet.

I can foresee a concept similar to what Janey/Calum propose.  We all
show up with parts we dont want, and we dump it in the Jambalaya box.
Then we could take turns rummaging through, with either a piece, or
weight limit,  so that Janey the-parts-hog Red brick doesn't take EVERY
part like she did at the show.  this would allow for others who might be
more meek, (like Jeff VW, Calum, Derek, and ummmmmm Allan B, and...
maybe Deb's) to  have a fair crack at the parts.

I like Janey's idea a bit more.  Here's the thing with the concept described
above...it gives no idea of what people want.  We just all bring what we think
WE don't want, it doesn't include what people DO want.

In Janey's idea, people contribute to a thread (and we can cut and paste it to
put on a webpage) and say what they DO want, so that others will go through
their own collections and see if they would like to get rid of it/sellit/trade
it.

"partsies"  but i think that is a stupid name.

MAGNO-ficent.

Partsies is a stupid name.  Magno-ficent is worse.

now,  should we book the library and make a day of this or, just wait
till the next hobby show?

Hobby show.  Unless we say "let's show up at a Tim Horton's on a weekend
afternoon".  We don't want it as part of an rtl event, lest that taint anything.

Calum