 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14203
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto19: Balance of Power Tentative Ruleset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:43:54 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, July 19, 2005 12:47 am, Calum Tsang said:

Hi folks,

This is the tentative ruleset for rtlToronto19, a robotics competition run in
sunny Toronto, Ontario, Canada for September 2005:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-090005/

A date and location have not been set, but you can be sure it'll happen.  So
start building.

Calum,

Nice job on the rules page (as usual).  But, of course, I have a couple comments.

comments? you?  Im stunned

There is a typo:  "The robot does not need to be [on] its side to at the end of
three minutes to win."

your down to TYPO's now?  wow Steve, either calum is getting better at
rules or your slipping.

But, more importantly, I think you should point out that "Typical 2x4 wooden
dimensions" does NOT equal 2 inches by 4 inches.

When LEGO held the AFoL Mindstorms Tournament in Denmark, the pratice tables all
used wooden 2x4s, but the actual tournament used steel tubing that was 2 inches x 4
inches.  The tournament officials didn't know the tables were different, and many
teams had about 1.5 hours to redesign their robots.

I'm sure someone out there knows the exact dimensions of a 2x4...

i do, but i cant tell you.

Steve

Chris

doing my part to increase RTL post count to better then admin.general.