 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14202
Re: The schedule, the schedule, what what the schedule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:33:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:

Just curious what the feeling is on The Hobby Show.  Is anyone interested in
doing this show again?  (Nov 4, 5, 6).

I think there's definite interest.  I believe Greg and JeffVW were talking about
Moonbase/Space stuff.  I have a model to show if I could finish the damned thing
in time.

That's good to hear.  I just wasn't sure what people were thinking.

Hobby Show is an important outing for Canadian Lego fans.  It's a
place for people like Jason Allemann or Janey to show off and I think it shows
the Canadian building community as more than just Train folks or robot builders.

Agreed.  And that was really the intention of trying to get us into The Hobby
Show the first time in 2003.  Just to provide a fun environment in which people
could show off their skills and hang out with some other builders from this
area.  ("this area" = from as near or far away as they'd like to come!)

It's our equivalent so far of BrickFest, minus drunken escapades, Christina
Hitchcock, keynotes etc.

We could easily add in druken escapades, but who would participate?  ;)

The question is who will be organizing it?

Well.... Dave did an awesome job last year when he jumped in and took over for
me.  I will diplomatically offer the job to him again this year if he wants it.
If not, I'm willing to step back into the role of organizing unless someone else
would like to take a turn doing it.

I'll let Dave have first right of refusal.

Then, whomever ends up in the role can begin to spread the word in the other
local newsgroups.  I know this is a busy time of year with some people getting
ready to head off to Brickfest etc. so it's important to make people aware of
The Hobby Show but not to make too big a deal until after Brickfest.  Then it's
time to begin guilting.... I mean encouraging everyone to come.  :)

Regards,
Allan B.