 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14201
Re: The schedule, the schedule, what what the schedule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:26:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
Okay, let me know if you guys are in agreement with this

NMRA2005/train6m: Cincinnati - Early July
rtlToronto/live3: RC Racing - Late July
Brickfest 2005: Washington, DC - Early August
rtlToronto19: Balance of Power - Early September
Hobby Show: Toronto - October? November?

Just curious what the feeling is on The Hobby Show.  Is anyone interested in
doing this show again?  (Nov 4, 5, 6).

I think there's definite interest.  I believe Greg and JeffVW were talking about
Moonbase/Space stuff.  I have a model to show if I could finish the damned thing
in time.  Hobby Show is an important outing for Canadian Lego fans.  It's a
place for people like Jason Allemann or Janey to show off and I think it shows
the Canadian building community as more than just Train folks or robot builders.
Though I or Chris may not be into Mecha or Space or whatever else, it's a great
opportunity to see that stuff up here.

It's our equivalent so far of BrickFest, minus drunken escapades, Christina
Hitchcock, keynotes etc.

The only thing I garnered from postNMRA discussions was that we weren't going to
bring the train6 layout to Hobby Show.

The question is who will be organizing it?

Calum