 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13313
Re: rtlToronto/Ropeway1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:40:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:

Yeah!  Maybe two bins, at either end.  And a pan in the centre... the rope would
have flags/targets on it for positioning.

So the thing is you can have:

a) robot does one big scoop, one big dump, but is slow
b) robot is tiny and fast, taking smaller goes

I think whoever isn't building has the task to bring a shop vac.

Lots of possibilities.  Time limit.  Most mass of material moved (ie, most water
dumped in fire area) wins!

Hey, I like that one!  That sounds pretty good, pulling up rice.  Now, what
about string though?  What string is allowed?  And how do we specify the rope
across the room, how high is it?  How much does it dip?  Or not at all?

a) A rope across the room with several objects on the floor in the center.  Goal
is to remove as many of them as possible to end goals on either side.

Yeah!  Same idea, I like this.

Might be cleaner. :)

c) Ropes on X and Y axes, tied in the middle.  Each object's colour requires
going to either axes.

This one I don't quite follow - do you mean a second set of ropes under the main
running ropes, for targets?

No, I mean having ropes from four corners of the room meeting in a knot in the
center.  You start on rope end +X pick up something at XY (the knot in the
center) and have to drive to end -Y or +Y or -X depending its colour for
example.  Requires you to traverse the knot.  Maybe under the knot would be a
stack of plates or something easy to grab.

Calum