 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13309
13308  |  13310
Subject:
rtlToronto/Ropeway1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:19:24 GMT

Now THAT I'd like to do, but I wouldn't know how to score it or how to clean it
up.  Maybe lay a cookie tray in the center of the room, and you count by weight
how much rice got dropped on the cookie tray fire?

Yeah!  Maybe two bins, at either end.  And a pan in the centre... the rope would
have flags/targets on it for positioning.

So the thing is you can have:

a) robot does one big scoop, one big dump, but is slow
b) robot is tiny and fast, taking smaller goes

etc..

Lots of possibilities.  Time limit.  Most mass of material moved (ie, most water
dumped in fire area) wins!

a) A rope across the room with several objects on the floor in the center.  Goal
is to remove as many of them as possible to end goals on either side.

Yeah!  Same idea, I like this.

c) Ropes on X and Y axes, tied in the middle.  Each object's colour requires
going to either axes.

This one I don't quite follow - do you mean a second set of ropes under the main
running ropes, for targets?

The geek in me suggests having two parallel running ropes (say, 16s apart) for
the same reason that Funitel acheives high lateral stability.  Contestants can
use either one or two ropes to support their robot however they like.  If it's
heavy and needs both sobeit.

    Iain