 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13315
Re: rtlToronto/Ropeway1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:06:27 GMT

Shouldn't you people be heading to dinner about now!  Especially you Ian!

Iain Henry wrote:

Well, a couple of things have to be decided:

-Do we have a standard rope? (difficult to organize)

Yes, same rope as rope climbers.

-Do we allow each entrant to bring and string their own rope? (time consuming at
game day)

No.

You're right on consideration for sag.  Unless each contestant makes their robot
fairly intelligent with regard to how far down to go before capturing some rice
(hard) I don't know how we could take that into account.  I picture everyone
frantically recoding rotation sensor counts on game day based on distances.

Give a reasonable range.  Something 2 long power cords could easily
cover in case someone wants to use a sensor.

This is also one of those contests that would be very difficult to practice for
at home.  Rope climbing was like that, to some extent (I hung a 1 m section of
rope dangling across my Swiffer in my tiny kitchen).

Agreed.

Derek (Oh crap I should be heading to dinner)