 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11840
Re: you're gonna love this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 04:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Why am I becoming increasingly more 'blase' about BF as the time is getting
nearer?

Eh, I just don't feel excited about going.  What's with that?

David,

ho-hum.  should you really go to brickfest, or would it be better to say home
and take a nappy? (whatever you take that to mean...)

Here are the Top 10 reasons to stay home, instead of going to Brickfest

10) Hundreds of LEGO freaks (herein called AFoLs)
9) Some of those AFoLs will hunt you down in an attempt to talk to you about
your web-controlled robot(s).

Really?  People still look at that?  I should do something with that one of
these days...

8) You may not get to post to Lugnet for a couple days

This'll be good.

7) The 10 hour trip with other AFoLs from Canada

Calum talking about his job.  I could have used other words than 'talking' but
this is a PG 13 show...

6) Several days wasted staring at plastic

Count me in!

5) Standing in line to buy discount LEGO

No money... hence the start of this thread ;)

4) "bley" (I'm going to smack the first person that says that to me)

bley!  (Dave ducks)

3) That country's goverment buildings

I want to take a tour and take pics.  Dunno how close they'll let me to the
capital buildings due to my 'status' as a disenter

2) Christina.  Wait, wrong list.  That's a reason to go...

No comment.

How about Steve H &
his Mindstorms crap

Looking forward to that (again)

And the number 1 reason to stay home, instead of going to Brickfest...

1) Nappy-time

K, now I'm finally getting in the mood.  The announcement is as follows--

The Technic I am bringing consists of one (1) modified 8448.

The train stuff I'm bringing hasn't been decided yet 'cause it's like "Wow I
have alotta rolling stock and are they gonna DCC or not..." but I'll arrive with
a few pieces from my consist.

What else...

Oh, for Calum, I'll probably end up bringing two (2) Kodak DC120 Digital Science
digital cameras...

I'd bring an RCX if we're doing DCC, but that's the only thing I have up and
running on an RCX right now.  Even LOR is dismantled... *snif*

Nope, nothing else.

Looking forward to meeting many folks in DC!

Dave K