 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11832
Re: Calum's gonna love this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:40:31 GMT

I just noticed that some Calum guy is doing a presentation--maybe I'll see what
other presentations are at the same time and attend one of those :p

lessee... Mindstorms in Education Background and Discussion by CT

Photography--Ooooh, like that!

Well, if it'll encourage you to stop recycling that Kodak camera and buy a new
digital camera, I'm all for it.

Eh, I'll see how Calum does during a presentation.

The presentation is more a kick in the pants for me to finish my thesis work by
summarizing all the literature review I did, than an actual useful presentation.
My aim is to give an overview of some of the academic research that led to the
Mindstorms system, and take key learnings from those graduate
students/professors/authors/etc for use in the classroom.  (hence the
"background") But not being a teacher, my ulterior motive is to talk to those
who are educators to find out what actually works. (hence the "discussion")

I'm honestly not sure how many teachers/educational professionals will be there.

If no one shows up, I'll show you guys the slides from the presentation I gave
in my class, KMD1001F Knowledge Media Design where I mocked the professor with a
slide that said his precious definition of "new digital media" used to garner
research funding also included Teddy Ruxpin.  He gave me an A+ on my workshop
seminar, but also made sure to discredit my comments in his last lecture of the
course :)

That or rehash the previous presentations from last and year before.

Calum