 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10309
    Re: ply vs turn —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) I agree. (...) I expect most people will need more space, which is why I suggested changing it, but it's been stated that the posted rules should not be changed at this late date. Luckily, I had two weeks off, over the holidays, so I was able (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Derek Raycraft
   (...) This issue has frustrated me too. I was there for the original discussion about what the common area should be. When we original discussed it we included extra space to either side of the board. However Someone didn't draw it that way, so we (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Calum Tsang
   (...) You can blame Bruce Sheridan. He was the one who supplied the original basis for the graphic during a summary of the game rules. That said, I think informally we're all going to be aware of and try not to obstruct people that extend over. So (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Derek Raycraft
   (...) > (...) There appears to be a consensus that the clearance is a problem. So why keep it informal. Increase the common space by 6 studs to either side of the board and the issue goes a way. And it brings us back to what we original decided. The (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Calum Tsang
   (...) The rules were set out early without any spacing on the side. For whatever reason (Bruce, me, otherwise), that is the ruleset that was posted. You had several weeks to complain, and no one did until not too long ago. Since then, people may be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Dan Boger
     (...) No objection here. (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) I have two robots. Both conform to the current published rules. Two weeks ago (before the big holiday break) I asked about increasing the spacing, thinking people may be spending some holiday time building for rtl15, and I wanted to suggest (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Derek Raycraft
   (...) I did in fact point out the problem verbally very early on, but nothing was done about it and I have been to busy with work and the season to follow up on it. (...) I built my dropper to the rules we decided on. Should I be penalized because a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Michael Purvis
     (...) Me too, although I assumed it was sort of unnecessary to flail it, since everyone knew what my bot took up in terms of space way back in November. The guts have changed dramatically since then, of course, but the external form-factor is almost (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: ply vs turn —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) It's funny this keeps coming up. Was there a pipe racer that ran in competition that didn't have a battery box attached? no. I didn't have it attached when I was testing it, and you guys said I couldn't do that. So, I didn't hesitate to mount (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)