 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4424 (-20)
  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) You could power the track by using 12v conductor rails. That would actually let you cheat a bit, the suspension wheels could ride in the track between the conductors. You would have to use the old style 12v pickups to get power from the track. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Old IBM mainframe robots

(URL) sure most of you have seen DLT, DDS and 8mm autoloaders or even the big tape silos out there-Peachy and it's companion server Blueberry are both backed to a DLT loader in MIE-they're tape drives with a robot to grab a tape and put them into (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) Rob, I noticed that you put half bushings on the ends of the axles inside the differential. what purpose does this serve? when I put together a differential, I just put the gears on the end of the axle. the end. What am I missing? -- Chris (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto11 Name Contest

Figure out a name for the rtl11 Contest that's funny and witty. It should be in the form of: rtlToronto11: Fall Into the Gap rtlToronto11: No Robot is an Island. Use the words "bridge" or "gap" or "island" or some combination. Extra points if you (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  St. Jacobs: Rotation Sensors

St. Jacobs LEGO store. Rotation Sensors. $20. GO. Iain (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0

(...) Hi Paul, You can get a 1.5 or 2.0 upgrade package for a small fee from Lego Shop@Home. Give them a ring at 1-800-267-LEGO. However, it's not really worth the money unless you have small kids-the 1.5 and 2.0 upgrade kit is mostly software plus (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) <snip> (...) Yeah, I tried to build it myself. I found it to be unreliable for a practical application. However, it did get me thinking about other configurations for this type of device. Mario and Giulio Ferrari's book has a couple of good (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) A two way direction splitter is much simpler and compact. The best way to do this is with a differential. Just ratchet the output gears in opposite directions, and you have a simple, reliable direction splitter. I used this to control two (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

I agree that the three table, single flag game would be cool. Hopefully there will always be a clear winner rather than a bunch of ties. I can see dumb robots randomly searching and not finding, or robots getting stuck on eachother in the middle (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 scoring Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gvwqso.Hs@lugnet.com... (...) write. Aw, it's okay. She was great. She wrote "G. G. Ian" on another drawing (Good God). I think tha'ts hilarious. I really don't care if people spell (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Upgrading RCX 1.0

Anyone know where I can get a 1.5 and 2.0 upgrade kit? (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I love Winners!!!!!

I just got to say, that I have deep appreciation for Winners as a source of cheap ABS. Today, I was checking out another Winners I haven't yet been too....at the local shopping mall, and found a "Studios" Movie Backdrop for $22. It had a tear in the (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

Since I don't know if I'm bringing a participating robot ... (most likely not) I won't cast my vote...but I'll add my input anyways. I already said it would make a very interesting battle if there was only one flag, and two robots fighting for it. (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

My vote is for three tables and two bots competing for one flag. (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  remember this??? (Roll Call) thread posted last year

(URL) did an update and posted it up as an FTX page on my lugnet account. Here it is: (URL) would say Enjoy, but it may not be that appealing. So I'll say, "I hope you find it interesting" If you don't, that's fine!!! Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 scoring Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) Quite rude of the grader, don't you think? he(she?) didn't spel ur naim write. (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

My vote is for a. I think it's time for some robot carnage, after the last two events. BTW, thanks 'subconscious' for your suggestion... I hadnt thought of using something like that. (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

Vote #2 For 3 tables, 1 flag. This will allow a clear decision on a winner, ie. the robot that gets to the flag (and lifts it) first. From Calum's other message: (...) I'm not sure I agree with the idea that the ONLY goal of the game is to build a (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11 Decision

(...) Vote 1 - 3 tables, 1 flag on center table. and if we want lotsa fun, we can start 1, 2, or 3 'bots on each table, for a 2, 4, 6 'bot competition. Vote 2 - Multi-RCX's :) Dave -who isn't totally serious about multi-RCX's, but would build a (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 scoring Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GvvvrK.KD3@lugnet.com... (...) points (...) What, this? :) (URL) Iain (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact