 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4406
Re: rtl11 Decision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 12:51:29 GMT

I want to hear a votes on:

a) three tables, one flag

Pros:  Less possibility of robots running over the other person's flag
before attempting to span bridge.  Increased aggresion between robots on
center island.

Cons:  Have to contend with second robot in competition for the flag.

b) two tables, two flags

Pros:  Simpler game with one goal for each person.

Cons:  Scoring complications (due to figuring out scores for people who have
their flags knocked out by other robot before they get a chance to lift them)

Let's finalize.  Present your arguments for either, but I want a vote from
each rtlToronto member (where member is defined by someone within the
Windsor/Ottawa corridor that will be actually bringing a robot to said event)

Calum

Vote 1 - 3 tables, 1 flag on center table.

and if we want lotsa fun, we can start 1, 2, or 3 'bots on each table, for a
2, 4, 6 'bot competition.

Vote 2 - Multi-RCX's :)

Dave
-who isn't totally serious about multi-RCX's, but would build a stupendous
'bot with 2 RCX's, instead of a phenomenal 'bot with 1 RCX