 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4437
Re: rtl11 Decision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 03:40:03 GMT

vote for three tables, one flag.  Much easier to score.

IIRC, the discussion we had at Mel's when this whole flag thing came up went
something like this:
- Let's build a JunkYardWars bridge building bot.
- Nah, too boring.
- OK, then let's make each bot find a flag and return it to his home base.
- Oh cool!
- Wait a sec... too difficult.  How about knocking the flag off the table.
- Oh cool!
- Wait a sec... too easy.  How about the first guy to lift the flag off the
table.

So that's where the two flags came from.  If you're not returning a flag to
home base, it doesn't make much sense to have two of them.

I still think we'll end up with a bunch of ties where either

a. No one crosses.
b. Both cross and no one finds the flag.
c. Both cross and get all tangled up in each other.

Mario