 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *424 (-20)
  Photos now online from rtlToronto7

Hi guys, Photos are now online from rtlToronto7, the Plastic Dust is Normal. Check them out here: (URL) got photos from Iain Hendry, Dave Astolfo, and mixed them in with photos I took myself. Enjoy! Calum (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) Looks like we have isolated the die hard stackers (Rob and Dave)... I guess to make the next event worth it, we will have to convince others to bring stackers as well. Anyway, thanks for the support Dave. I would do the same. Bring a stacker (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) Sounds good, though i was just thinking, if both 'bots go aftre the same colour block , could be even more fum... think about it, you're pushing the white blocks out of your back yard and hooarding hte black blocks, while the other bot is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

OK, looks like we are coming down with more details. lots of stuff for me to type so here goes: Rob: Its real easy to run an event, heck Calum and i do it often enuff. the hard part is in the details. like (for stacking) you'd need to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  euroLiner [TRAIN]

For the other train enthusiasts... (URL) is my newest train. It is called "euroLiner", and it is a combination of short-haul commuter (passenger) and freight train. It's got sort of a european-kick to it (wow, hence the name. :) ). Iain (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Event Operations and what I noticed...

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G91Fo1.51w@lugnet.com... (...) Name a time and place, I'm there. One of Canada's finest buildings. It was built by the same company who did the North York Centre, and the Scarborough (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) If Rob is doing this, i'll volunteer to help and enter 'bots into both competitions. I would like to see my stack'bot work for a change. If there are two competitions and one arena, could be a slight difficulty. Ahhh, Chris doesn't mind (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

I like both of Daves ideas, especially the dragracing. Iain mentioned this earlier, and we talked about it at one of the dinners. It would be relatively simple to build, and a no brainer for programming. Pushing blocks out of your area would be cool (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) Either day is fine for me (as I can see now) That's it! No more writing today. Dave (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: collecting $$

(...) As well, the 5 dollar entry fee for entering 'bots is okay with me. Keeping it free for the audience is a good idea (for now) just to get better known in the community. So i think I'll stop writing now, unless I come up with another 'bot (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: collecting $$

(...) I got halfway home on Saturday when I realized I forgot to throw in some coinage. My apologies. I'll get ya at the next dinner. Dave (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) Again, suggested earlier: RCX goes to the Dragstrip!!! Have a 4 - 6 foot track on the floor. Competing 'bots start from the start line and go as fast as they can. Once they cross the finish line, they must stop within an allotted space. Setup: (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

(...) Here's an event... Keep your blocks out of my back yard!! (this has been suggested by someone else but I kinda like it) Have 2 different coloured blocks, black and white, distributed randomly in the playing field. The idea is to have your bot (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Event Operations and what I noticed...

(...) Trying to say something Calum? Get off the fence--not really picking up on it. Dave (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  IMPORTANT: June Event Proposals

Hi folks, Well, we've heard a lot of great ideas, but it's really going to have to come down to a single contest for the June rtlToronto8 unless someone steps up to run an entire contest by themselves (ie, they do the scheduling, organization, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: collecting $$

(...) I think, it will work like this: I'm going to set up a page on our website, which lists people who have donated to rtlToronto, and how much, just like Lugnet. If you want to help pay for some of the operating costs (ie, room rental, playfield (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: collecting $$

(...) It's something I wanted to put off for a long long time, with the comment that I'd rather see people show up than to scare them away with asking them to help shoulder some of the cost. I think that still applies, but we've a got a little (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Event Operations and what I noticed...

(...) I think it's too much commitment for now. I make this statement in that: If we go into a partnership with the Science Center, we'll have to be truly organized, which means the free flowing, friendly casual atmosphere might go. A paying (since (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Event Operations and what I noticed...

(...) Grrr! Next time I see you... Calum (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: collecting $$

(...) It's all worth it for photos like this: (URL) were up yesterday :) Calum (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact