 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 409
Re: collecting $$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

I spoke about this briefly early at the start sat.I'd like to propose we
collect a small amount of money either pay what you can (or lets state a
number.  how about $20)
It could be the same way Todd has the membership for Lugnet.  its
(lugnet) free to all but a suggested amount of $$ buys you into the club

I think, it will work like this:  I'm going to set up a page on our website,
which lists people who have donated to rtlToronto, and how much, just like
Lugnet.

If you want to help pay for some of the operating costs (ie, room rental,
playfield building materials etc) then figure out a way to drop Chris a
donation.  One person has already done so (and that's not me, I forked out
$70 odd dollars for the first playfield :)  We won't look at you weird if
you don't pay anything, don't worry...

(once in the RTLToronto club you will be taught the secret handshake, be
given a secret decoder ring, and for slightly more money; about 1
million dollars, the use of the company pickup truck)

Aaargh!  I deny all knowledge of that secret handshake.  handshake
handshake, pry bushing off axle motion, two hands put together pieces of
track...wiggle your thumbs....

Then with any money we collect we pay back any debts, and $$ left over
goes to a prize or to pay an event organizer??  And by event organizer i
mean anyone who cares not about entering a robot but would like to take
tickets at the door, maintain the rtltoronto e-mail list,  sit at the
front and watch the clock and tell everyone we have to clean up.  deal
with library staff, ect. I'm sure someone has a friend or sister we
could trust and then offer a few $$ to.

Oh, you mean all those things I do now?  :)  I'm happy to see us paying off
debts.  Anything else can go into new construction (ie, new boards) or
future room bookings and costs (ie, we break something at the Library)

what about a small robot entry fee?  say $5 to play?

I think asking for donations is good enough of a start.

what if the prize is $$  does this make it all to official??  what about
if spectators pays a $1 a person.  what if that $$ went to of set the
cost of the room?? what if any left over $$ becomes a prize???

The prize doesn't and sholdn't, in my view, be money.  The prize has never
been money for the last three years.  It's always been the challenge, the
fame, and the accomplishment.  Today, I retold the story of Bruce's stacker
to four coworkers....

Calum