 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 398
Re: collecting $$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 02:33:25 GMT

Hi,

Collecting money for participating is fair. It show commitments from the
participants and it helps paying the room.

A prize in money may bring issue with Lottery and Games Ontario (actually any
prize). I guess you can prove that by building a robot, the contestants have
the mental hability to receive a prize.

Just my two cents.

When is the next lunch/diner?

Eric.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Ok, these are just random thoughts

(i cant stress this enuff, these are just ideas)

now that I know MANY people read this group I'm gonna want feedback

I spoke about this briefly early at the start sat.I'd like to propose we
collect a small amount of money either pay what you can (or lets state a
number.  how about $20)
It could be the same way Todd has the membership for Lugnet.  its
(lugnet) free to all but a suggested amount of $$ buys you into the club

<humor>
(once in the RTLToronto club you will be taught the secret handshake, be
given a secret decoder ring, and for slightly more money; about 1
million dollars, the use of the company pickup truck)
</humor>

Then with any money we collect we pay back any debts, and $$ left over
goes to a prize or to pay an event organizer??  And by event organizer i
mean anyone who cares not about entering a robot but would like to take
tickets at the door, maintain the rtltoronto e-mail list,  sit at the
front and watch the clock and tell everyone we have to clean up.  deal
with library staff, ect. I'm sure someone has a friend or sister we
could trust and then offer a few $$ to.

what about a small robot entry fee?  say $5 to play?

what if the prize is $$  does this make it all to official??  what about
if spectators pays a $1 a person.  what if that $$ went to of set the
cost of the room?? what if any left over $$ becomes a prize???

----------------------------------------------------- info

And just a FYI the current amount outstanding is:

$115 for the game board (as it is)
$20  for the rental of the library

----------------------

$135.00 Canadian   total

I would like to "pass the hat" at the next dinner and suggest a small
amount of $20 for those who feel they would like to contribute.

if you cant make it out to a dinner but feel the need to pay for the day
of fun, send me mail in private and we can make an arrangement.

All money collected above the $135 will first go to the booking of the
next event.

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm