 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 408
Re: collecting $$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:14:53 GMT

Collecting money for participating is fair. It show commitments from the
participants and it helps paying the room.

It's something I wanted to put off for a long long time, with the comment
that I'd rather see people show up than to scare them away with asking them
to help shoulder some of the cost.    I think that still applies, but we've
a got a little stronger of a group now...with a little bit more of a social
tie:  I look forward to dinners-because it's not just a chance to talk Lego
(it often veers far FROM Lego) but in fact, a chance to see friends we've
made from these Lego things)

A prize in money may bring issue with Lottery and Games Ontario (actually any
prize). I guess you can prove that by building a robot, the contestants have
the mental hability to receive a prize.

Sure beats those little arithmetic questions on the back of those McDonalds
monopoly games :)

Calum