 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 407
Re: Event Operations and what I noticed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
-We need more space.  A LOT MORE SPACE.  I want to get the circular area
Has anyone considered the Science Centre as a venue?
It might have been discussed, but I don't think anyone has inquired.

I think it's too much commitment for now.  I make this statement in that:

If we go into a partnership with the Science Center, we'll have to be truly
organized, which means the free flowing, friendly casual atmosphere might
go.  A paying (since the OSC is not free) audience would demand real
entertainment/education, vs the amuse yourself with what you see/learn by
getting the gumption to ask someone a question style we have now.

If we simply rent a room, then it might be expensive.  That's not to say
someone shouldn't ask just to know.  80% of the outcome is 20% of the
asking.  Or something else related to Pareto.

If we get 3 rooms in the library then we will have a LOT of space.  And
access to the circular foyer that Calum seems to covet. ;)

I'm happy to see another three or four events at Lillian H Smith.  By then,
the organization will have shriveled in lack of interest/boredom, or grown
to the point we can run a big operation requiring the Science Center.

Calum, who happens to LOVE THE SCIENCE CENTER BUT NO ONE WILL GO WITH HIM.