 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *2489 (-20)
  Mix & match your RCX/RDS colours

Hey gang: you know me, I don't like to post needlessly. (Ya right) BUT I just hit upon a colour combination that looks real cool. if you pull the bottom black battery cover off your Robotics discovery set, and use it on your yellow RCX, the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Quick update -- RCX contest in TORONTO

Ok, here is a quick update on the status of my monkey for the upcoming contest; details here: (URL) it stands right now, my monkey HATES the following: 1. hanging by one arm. 2. raising its own body weight with one arm. that is all. :) Rob, your (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

I found the HP Sorting Hat set (4701) at Wal-Mart in Square 1, They also had the Manas (8539 attn Chris Magno) they were selling for 88.89. "Tim Tosino" <timtosino@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GKMy7B.E76@lugnet.com... (...) Shops (...) boxes (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) I can put a link off of the Cool Links and Friends or something from the Contents section of the page. You should configure your own webspace on Brickshelf and put up a general info page if you can, perhaps at York. Calum (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) Segue. Blame the Italians. (...) I hope you'll publish a writeup and announce it over at .fun.gaming and like places--I'll be interested in seeing it! best LFB (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) That sound like a really good idea! And since were talkin’ about sendin’ photos: <smooth segway> (sp?) Would it be possible to have our BrickWarz game photos appear on rtlToronto’s ‘Photo & Archive’ Section under a War Game section. Something (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) If you can make it down to York Gate mall on Jane & Finch, (the one Eric alluded to) they have a few Space Center/Space Shuttle sets I believe. Along with the entire Adventure line (first year Egyptian) And everything else from 1998. That (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) There's another Zellers that I call "The Zellers Time Forgot" in Toronto at Keele and Rogers in something called Black Creek Center/Plaza(?). I got some nice old Technic sets there not too long ago (sets with hydrolics). If you go, please (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  fibre optics as rotation sensor

I may have found another way to use the fibre optics thingy as a rotation sensor (other than (URL) one connects it to a sensor port in raw mode (i think), it gives a value of 1023 when the light is off, and 538 when its on. Has anyone done this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) I'm holding shirts for Ben Medinets, Dave Koudys (2x), Oliver Giesen, Richard Noeckel, Eric DeGiuli, Brian Peiris. Please pick them up at rtl9 or the week after at October Dinner. I'll be selling them at rtl9 and will do another batch (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

If Ben can go, I'm in for sure. Otherwise, I *might* be able to....... but probably not. Eric DeGiuli (URL) DIESPAM to reply (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Horrified

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GKpAnn.GnL@lugnet.com... (...) It depends on the line. I heard a rumour that NYC bought T1's from Bombardier, just like Toronto's. But I haven't seen any pictures yet! (...) Well, if (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) fig. (...) I too am looking forward to playing. At the moment, I am able to attend all 3 impending events, the robotics competition, the dinner, and the brickwarz. I don't have an updated drill schedule, and I hope we (our unit) doesn't get (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Horrified

(...) nice pic, Tony. I hope you do get the job. Good LUCK!! Benjamin Medinets (who is still in NYC, on a day off, expected return date is this Saturday) PS - the subway trains here in NYC look a lot like the ones in Toronto... maybe a tad older... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) Wonderful!!! That means that if you come you’ll be able to give Jeff Elliott a ride. AND David Koudys will be in town for the weekend, so he’s a definite. AND Unless Iain is workin’ for the TTC he too should be able to make it down… Oh, and I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

I still plan on attending.... Jeff VW (Who has finished moving... Started building a monkey... Cursed at his ladder because it resembles this -|--/--|--\--\--| ) "Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BrickWarz = Sun Oct 21st!

(...) BrickWarz beginz Sunday Octoberz 21stz. (URL) received my Shop @ Home parcel, and I now have Three Guarded Inns all lined up formin’ a walled walk-way! (in casse you were interested…) The game may possibly be just 2 on 2… I haven’t got (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Attending a "real" show

G'Day Just wanted to float this balloon (maybe lead), but would there be any intrest at showing at a real train show next fall. Every fall the Orangeville Shortline Club hosts a model railroad show at the Brampton fairgrounds. This year it was in a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OT: Horrified

(URL) was taken a little over 2 weeks ago by a friendly TTC operator I chatted with at Downsview about the future of the TTC. I was very scared to mention it, but I did tell him that I was desperate to become an operator and a lot of my life is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  site updates

Hi everyone, I have made some updates to my site. What you will find most interesting is a couple of teaser pictures of my monkey. I also put some pictures of my friction based four way driver up, for those who care. Rob (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact