 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2476
Re: OT: Horrified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:35:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/IainDrivingT1.jpg

This was taken a little over 2 weeks ago by a friendly TTC operator I
chatted with at Downsview about the future of the TTC. I was very scared to
mention it, but I did tell him that I was desperate to become an operator
and a lot of my life is hinged on geting that job.

He mentioned that if I was serious (and I assured him that I most certainly
was), I should submit my resume ASAP, as the TTC is currently hiring
approximatley 300 operators to compensate for a huge wave of people retiring
right now.

I just finished faxing my resume. I'm absolutely horrified. I know they're
not going to call me back or whatever, I don't have my hopes up of that at
all. Why would they hire me out of like the tens of thousands, maybe even
hundred thousands of other people who are applying right now? I just wish I
knew that they'd say no for sure, instead of me now having to just wait to
see if I hear back. I'm so scared, this is what I've been waiting for.

What if it doesn't happen?

:(

   Iain

nice pic, Tony.

I hope you do get the job. Good LUCK!!

Benjamin Medinets (who is still in NYC, on a day off, expected return
date is this Saturday)

PS - the subway trains here in NYC look a lot like the ones in Toronto...
maybe a tad older... :)
same chime....
interesting layout.
and horribly crowded... :)