 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2478
Re: OT: Horrified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 00:49:00 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message

PS - the subway trains here in NYC look a lot like the ones in Toronto...
maybe a tad older... :)

It depends on the line. I heard a rumour that NYC bought T1's from
Bombardier, just like Toronto's. But I haven't seen any pictures yet!

same chime....

Well, if that's true, then they must be T1's! Or *something* Bombardier. I
just wish wish WISH I could find a CLEAR .wav of the Walt Disney World
Bombardier MK VI Monorail door-open chime. It's like, -_ but the tones are
OFF KEY. It's hilarious, it makes me quiver and squirm.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/monochime.wav

That's the best I could find. I trimmed it down so it's just the chime. But
you can still hear Mr. Man doing his spiel.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are aproaching the EPCOT monorail station. Please
gather your personal belongings, and watch your head and step. Also,
remember to take small children by the hand. Thank you, and on behalf of the
cast of the Walt Disney World Resort, we'd like to thank you for riding our
highway in the sky!"

Yes I have it memorised :)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard Toronto Transit Comission Train
Six-Two, Southbound from... Downsview! to... Finch! Via... Union. With
interchange points at... Spadina! St. George! and... Bloor/Yonge! Our
estimated time of arrival to Finch station, is approximatley fourty three
minutes."

"For the comfort of others, no smoking please. And, if you're standing,
please hold on to the handrails, and stay clear of the doors. We will be
leaving in a moment."

"Please stand clear of the doors, they are about to close."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are approaching the... Wilson! Subway station. If
you're standing, please hold on to the handrails, and stand clear of the
doors, until the train stops completly and the doors open. On behalf of
myself and the rest of the crew of the Toronto Transit Comission, we'd like
to thank you for traveling with us!"

"Please stand cl---

<WHACK> "WONT YOU SHUT UP??????????????"

"Ahem - yorkdahlis next, yorkd---"

*sigh*

interesting layout.
and horribly crowded... :)