 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2488
2487  |  2489
Subject:
Quick update -- RCX contest in TORONTO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:48:46 GMT

Ok, here is a quick update on the status of my monkey for the upcoming
contest; details here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-101301-rules.html

As it stands right now, my monkey HATES the following:

1. hanging by one arm.
2. raising its own body weight with one arm.

that is all.

:)

Rob, your idea worked, the one about using rubber bands to help the arms
raise.   I took a que from Bruce and geared the arms down even LOWER. So
if you thought the monkey was slow at the dinner you just might as well
get a good book when it comes to watching this contest.

;)

I also have a bit of unfortunate news.  there is a very good chance that
I have to do a 3 day gig in Vancouver. the dates are right at the same
time as the lego dinner on the 19.    Argh.   I now know what it feels
like to be Dave.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm