 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *1529 (-20)
  Re: Octan tanks

(...) Unfortunately I can't take credit for the idea :) (URL) is probably where I saw it first. It's a great design, theirs is much taller and rounder. (...) Yeah, I think you can make it a little rounder if you increased the diameter by another (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Paradisa Ritz Hotel

I got a poolside paradise just recently...and I was just in awe...from the architecture and could not believe my eyes that I had the nice set in my collection... then my awe turned into slight disgust when I thought about how unpractical it would be (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

(...) I really think they are very neat and very large....ohhh that will be an interesting piece of your layout...if you do decide to include it. The only thing negative about it is that despite the nice "curve" design, it is a little too choppy (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GFIs8A.782@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) in (...) Those look *fabulous*! Did you just know how to do the curve, or did you plot it with the computer or something first? Iain (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Octan tanks

I think I saw in one of the GATS or other American train shows that someone had built some oil storage tanks in the Octan colour scheme of mostly white with red and green stripes. So I decided an excellent way to make use of hard to build in space (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

Hee hee thanks Chris, somtimes I forget or lose track of who I've Shown them to. Keep up with the competions, I'll keep me eye on them..... Eric Ramapo River Robot Builder (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

Eric: (...) I've said it in the past, and i'll say it again. WOW! I've also said, that your creations SCARE THE LIVING ---- OUT OF ME!! :) I think it is all the antennas and other "bits" that poke out. the are so cool, just a bit on the evil side (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

we have agreed on a 6" spacing. and the length is 8' the ladder will some how be suspended above the floor at 2' the idea is that if your robot falls, then the carnage that follows will be VERY fun to watch :) -- Chris Visit my newly revamped walker (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: James Mathis APT Train & other ramblings...

(...) If you go up a directory on his site, you'll see the CAD renderings of what it should look like when he gets all the windows and doors for it. (...) The Crocodile Engine stands by itself in my books. I gotta have one, although I could build (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

I visited your Walker Page and I like it! Right on! I really like seeing different solutions to making Walking robots. Also keep going with the event challange, this could be big one day!! This is a 15 motor Walking Hexapod Armature I built a few (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: James Mathis APT Train & other ramblings...

(...) Its a very nice design...however...<IMO>, it would look better with windows either the clear ones, or regular train/plane windows... (...) Nice, Tim...Good Luck...hope your old lady <grin> doesn't take a fit... :) let me put it like this (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

(...) thanks (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

(...) when you drill a 5/8" hole in the 2x4 do your best to make it as square as possible. if you drill crooked, then your pipes will not be parallel. I'm pretty good at thinking out of the box, your right a monkey dose not need 2 arms, 2 legs. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  James Mathis APT Train & other ramblings...

Ben, Did you catch a look at this? (URL) me, is that not the sweetest looking MOC passenger train you have ever seen? I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I love it. I am so jealous. I'll never afford the parts for such nice MOC's. C'est la vie. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  rtlToronto/train2 Now Officially Confirmed for August 11, 2001

Hi folks, rtlToronto/train2 is now officially signed and confirmed for Saturday, August 11, 2001 at the Lillian H Smith Public Library in downtown Toronto. Calum (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

(...) How about something like tapping a piece of paper, or tearing a piece of tissue paper? Calum (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MONKEY ROBOT

(...) Good! I like this game too. Especia;;y the ptential for catastrophic failure. I don't think there will be any close matches, since its an all or nothing situation. (...) My opinion: The size limitation is very reasonable, but I wouldn't mind (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Medium Red Factory

(...) Although if it produced parts or consumables for the sewing machine industry, you'd have better integration with other local industries. How about "Krunchy Oilz 'n Wheet" - "It's A Sewing Machine Lubricant *AND* A Breakfast Cereal(tm)"? Jeff (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Medium Red Factory

(...) Cool...real "supplies" for Paradise City...nice "all product made in Saraville" oh and I really also enjoyed seeing the container yard right beside the "red-bricked factory" Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Medium Red Factory

(...) You are sooo right...anyways, I think it will take me 3 evenings, approx. 1 to 2 hours each to make all modules...then it will take me 4 to 6 more evenings (another 2 to 3 hours each) to furnish the modules with my layout... I spend quite of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact