 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1519
Re: James Mathis APT Train & other ramblings...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt writes:
Ben,

Did you catch a look at this?
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=11901

Tell me, is that not the sweetest looking MOC passenger train you have ever
seen? I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I love it.
I am so jealous. I'll never afford the parts for such nice MOC's.
C'est la vie.

Its a very nice design...however...<IMO>, it would look better with windows
either the clear ones, or regular train/plane windows...

Hey, on another note, I might get a second Metroliner and a Crocodile Engine!
If I do, my wife is going to kill me. The 4558, 4564 & 4531 that I already
won are going to be over $360Cdn before shipping. And then if I go for the
other 4558 and 4551, that will be like my entire years LEGO budget! I am so
dead! I'll have to do some creative bookkeeping to stay alive. <grin>
Play well.

Nice, Tim...Good Luck...hope your old lady <grin> doesn't take a fit... :)
let me put it like this buddy...I got my "3rd" metroliner (actually my
2nd "complete" 4558) and put all the 9 cars together....3 + 3 + 2 + club
car.... and it is a pretty long train.... my next steps as mentioned
are:

another club car
metroliner operation/upgrade:
   1) need to modify an "engine car" into a coach car
   2) need to modify another "engine car" into a hybrid coach / observation
   car
   3) need to modify still another "engine car" into a "dining" car (it will
   have a "full kitchen" and a moderately sized bar - one waiter and one or
   two chefs!!!)
   4) lastly the "engine car" at the rear will need to be modified so it has
   a spot for the engineer, and the rest of the car will be two large cargo
   holds ... the car will serve as a "luggage" car.

i don't have a crocodile engine....but it looks very sweet...personally,
I don't think I have a spot for it...hmmmm...it is probably too long or bulky
for my taste.  Anyways good luck to you again, and I hope you are able to
win the items...you don't have to worry about me....that is unless you want
to try to get another club car....then again...it won't be until next week
when I start to bid on another one of those :)

Benjamin Medinets