 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1513
Re: MONKEY ROBOT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:21:14 GMT

Chris wrote:

don't worry,  I like this game to much to cancel it.   but it does pose
a problem or 2 in real life that you notebook wont point out.  that's
why i was pleading.

Good! I like this game too. Especia;;y the ptential for catastrophic
failure. I don't think there will be any close matches, since its an all or
nothing situation.

AND it wasn't just me that has had problems,   others who shall remain
nameless (to save face)  have e-mail me with the same concerns.

I'm just looking for ideas to soften the rules.  so we make the max size
of the bot bigger??  should we blow off the button idea.

My opinion: The size limitation is very reasonable, but I wouldn't mind an
extra 2 inches (50.8mm). I have a very cool idea that is just slightly
bigger than 12" across. As far as the button goes, leave it in. This has to
be somewhat 'robotic'. Otherwise we will just have brainless monkeys... You
could make the button really easy to push, but that might lend itself to
loopholes.

if i get no feedback, then I'll just charge forward with rules that
favor a "chris bot"

I promise I will give you some feedback soon. Problem is that I am quite
busy for the next week, so can't spend much time playing with Lego. I could
send you some of my drawings... I came up with a relatively simple idea last
night that is pretty much guaranteed to work. I will try and throw together
a quickie soon. I think we just need to get away from the whole "two arms,
swinging body" idea. Robot monkeys can be very different than real monkeys...

Rob
(btw, I bought some copper pipe at home depot on saturday, and now it is
sitting in my basement. At least its a start!)