 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1517
Re: MONKEY ROBOT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:49:31 GMT

Rob
(btw, I bought some copper pipe at home depot on saturday, and now it is
sitting in my basement. At least its a start!)

when you drill a 5/8" hole in the 2x4 do your best to make it as square
as possible.   if you drill crooked, then your pipes will not be
parallel.

I'm pretty good at thinking out of the box, your right a monkey dose not
need 2 arms, 2 legs. that's why i came up with the tires option.

as to the rules.  what's in the works is this:

-Robot,  must swing and hang from no less that 40% of the bars.

-1 point awarded for every bar behind the robot.

-  robot must stay under the top part of the 2 x 4 at all times.  with
exceptions for claws that happen to be taller. (or something to that
effect)

-robot must start of  no bigger then 16" cubed.

I'm going to have to get back to you on the button.  I can now make a
case for and against a button. this is the kind of feed back I'm looking
for.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm