 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1512
Re: Medium Red Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:39:54 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
You... STUN ME. THIS IS FABULOUS! I don't get how you can build buildings so
fast, that look SO GOOD. The roof... how on EARTH do you do those roofs! And
the edge columns! Gah!

Thanks everyone (Iain, Eric, Ben)

Iain: The roof is a neat trick I learned from Jeff Elliott.  It's actually
four baseplates, 2x 16x16 baseplates and 2x 8x16's.  They sit ontop of the
red brick walls.

Eric: Being compared to Battersea is really cool!  Maybe closer to the Tate
Gallery at Bankside?  (also a former power station?)

Chris has suggested the red factory produce food, so I'm going to build a
canning line and a big boiler and vat.

Although if it produced parts or consumables for the sewing machine
industry, you'd have better integration with other local industries.
How about "Krunchy Oilz 'n Wheet" - "It's A Sewing Machine Lubricant
*AND* A Breakfast Cereal(tm)"?

Jeff E