 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1527
Re: Octan tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:44:05 GMT

I think I saw in one of the GATS or other American train shows that someone
had built some oil storage tanks in the Octan colour scheme of mostly white
with red and green stripes.  So I decided an excellent way to make use of
hard to build in space would be to make some 16x16 round tanks too-they
looked so neat in the Brickshelf photos I had to try them out myself.

When Iain came by, I showed him my bucket of green, which I never build
with, just sort out green pieces into.  Well, tonight for the first time in
my entire life-I built with green bricks.  It's absolutely weird.  Another
new thing to me is building round objects.  So I built one layer first to
see how to approximate a curve.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/octantanks.jpg

Calum

I really think they are very neat and very large....ohhh that will be an
interesting piece of your layout...if you do decide to include it.

The only thing negative about it is that despite the nice "curve" design,
it is a little too choppy (too many edges...)  <my own opinion>