 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *15149 (-20)
  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Well I was interested in the tile, but the beam does nothing for me. I'll wait to see what comes up later. Derek (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Well, Steve coming from you, this mean a lot. I received a phone call from someone wanting to know "...what the hell are you up to?" about 2 hours ago. I had to say that this is a Lego version of "pay it forward." Simply put, you can do (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Don't get me wrong. I'm not interested in making this trade with just anyone. Heck, I'll bet I could buy the pieces for less than the cost of shipping. But that's not the point. I'm willing to try to help you achieve your goal. Steve (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Steve - do you care what the colour is of the 1x10s? I've got four blue ones I'd trade for 1x12s -Rob A> (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hobby Show pics - 2005

(...) I was doing my Rick Moranis 'Dark Helmet' routine but it wouldn't fit over my large noggin. (...) I think I'll work on not breaking your stuff... let's see--one train show and one hobby show and so far so good :) Dave K (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Your right, this COULD get tricky. I'm going to save this offer of yours until I get UP to that many beams. I dont think it should take that long. In the mean time, i'd bet someone will take you up on your offer and will be willing to swap you (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) Chris, I have no interest in a 1x1. However, I do have some pieces I would be willing to trade. (this may get tricky...) I have a bunch of 1x12 technic beams (old dk gray), but I really need 1x10 beams (some matching color). Sending one piece (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hobby Show pics - 2005

(...) So you're saying you weren't walking around with the helmet on top of your head. Ok, if you say so. Actually Darth's neck isn't quite right. I built it the same as I do for the figures with air tanks, but Darth doesn't have an air tank. This (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade?

(...) WOW, maybe I need a web page for this, the outpouring of requests for this is incredible. In the span of a short time, I have secured a trade. I will soon be in possession, of a 1x1 technic brick. So, in the spirit of NQJ; to to promote more (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  NQJ - wanna trade?

OK Boys and Girls, I have an idea sort of like the Jambalaya concept of way back when. (URL) just read a small web page about a guy who started with a simple red paper clip, and asked anyone to trade it up for something bigger or better. (URL) now (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: Hobby Show pics - 2005

(...) It wasn't that I was tryig to do it wrong, it's just that the head was looking straight out and I wanted it to turn a bit--and you know that sometimes your maxi-figs have a difficult time turning their heads when they're looking straight out. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: Hobby Show pics - 2005

(...) wrong. Yes Dave I know what you where doing. ;-) Derek (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  OT: video hosting

Just a quick note - If you have video you don't have the bandwidth to host, and brickshelf isn't allowing video, try these guys: (URL) provide free public or private video hosting, and serve it up via a flash interface no matter what format you (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hobby Show pics - 2005

I'm neither the greatest photographer nor the greatest writer of captions, so keep that in mind as you view these: (URL) in advance for any embarassment or insults I may have caused with the captions. It's all in good fun though, so please don't (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: And then the Thank-Yous...

In lugnet.loc.ca, David Koudys wrote: Thanks for such a great show guys and gals! I had a good (and yet quite tiring) weekend (I'm still yawning.) Thanks for the hard work from Janey, Dave and the rest. Oh and all of the classic space minifigs were (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] The Hobby Show 2005

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IpLFyr.4Jy@lugnet.com... ,snip> (...) try using a monopod, they are great for crowds, and give just enough stability for those tricky shots, and no one trips over them, well except for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] The Hobby Show 2005

(...) You work hard at it? Chris, not even the best actor in the world could make it look that natural. (...) No one wants you to lie. (...) Is that why you smashed it??? Is that one of those "If I can't have it, NO ONE can???" I'm willing to give (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] The Hobby Show 2005

(...) But if people know you're really nice people, then isn't it possible that the people you attract to the dinners would also be nice people? (...) You should get it. I spent enough time explaining it to you. ;) AB (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] The Hobby Show 2005

(...) Shhhhh Chris, you arent supposed to tell anyone about that... crap I still owe Tilt 400 bucks. Janey "Glow in the Dark Brick" (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] The Hobby Show 2005

(...) Actually, what I am surprised NO ONE saw was the "red ghost" mini fig shroud you had hidden in the closet. Aren't those things rare? :) Chris (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact