 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *11834 (-20)
  Re: Calum's gonna love this

(...) No, I think you had it right the first time. :-) Derek (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Calum's gonna love this

(...) Dave, I really hope there are no Brits (or Aussies or Jamaicans) reading this post because you are impying that you are about to soil yourself. Of course, we know you actually need a _nap_, which is, I believe a kip across the pond. Ralph (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum's gonna love this

(...) Well, if it'll encourage you to stop recycling that Kodak camera and buy a new digital camera, I'm all for it. (...) The presentation is more a kick in the pants for me to finish my thesis work by summarizing all the literature review I did, (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) I think I meant there doesn't seem to be any commercial examples, agreeing with what Ivan posted... ...Ivan had some very specific criteria for his topic of discussion: -Non Russian -Coaxial -Commercial/Civilian -Rhymes with "orange" -Not made (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) The tandem rotor aircraft, e.g., CH-46 Sea Knight, CH-47 Chinook, have counter-rotating rotors. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) I think I hear my cue... ;] Those claims, out of context, are misleading/exaggerated. The aircraft is certainly affected by winds, just not in the same way or with the same unique problems as a conventional tail-rotored aircraft (although it (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum's gonna love this

(...) I don't know who's giving us the network drop this year, but I'll leave a port open on whatever hub I have there. Do me a favour and bring your own ethernet cable though! Calum (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum's gonna love this

(...) Don't forget to save me an ethernet connection in your onsite rig, please so we can avoid last year's snafu. We're not going to do live q&a this time but it would be nice to be able to post breaking news as it breaks. Thanks. (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum's gonna love this

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) I just noticed that some Calum guy is doing a presentation--maybe I'll see what other presentations are at the same time and attend one of those :p lessee... Mindstorms in Education (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum's gonna love this

(...) That's funny, because as BF gets closer, I'm getting more and more interested! Maybe it's the kickass models JeffVW and Derek are building. (...) This is a stupid week for me. All of the weeks have been stupid for the last few months. I give (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Calum's gonna love this

Why am I becoming increasingly more 'blase' about BF as the time is getting nearer? Is it due to my job being absolutely crazy this week? I'll be in Windsor Tues and Wed working exceptional hours, but then again, I hear that Calum's doing same. Is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) 6.2rpm?!?!? As in, about once every ten seconds? Huh. That's pretty slow. Hmm, looks like you missed something there. The "inner" rotor (which actually has more surface area than the outer rotor) spins at 6.2rpm, but the outer rotor spins at a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) -Iain (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) I think there was also a small Canadian built UAV for the US Navy that used counter rotating coaxial rotors... (URL) even if not coaxial (ie, CH-47) there doesn't seem to be any any out there with counter rotating rotors. Maybe they started on (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

(...) Even though he only has to spin the rotors at 6.2 rpm and the total weight of all four blades is only 55.4kg, the sheer size of the “wing-span” is indeed daunting! (...) Ohh the co-axial rotors are just beyond sweet! I doubt I can sum it up (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Human Powered Helicopter

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:I228rK.tty@lugnet.com... (...) size of guy who has to pedal the damn thing. :) But that's really awesome! Love the counter rotating blades. No tail-rotor! Iain (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Human Powered Helicopter

THIS is cool. (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: IT has happened!

(...) My old MS-DOS hart just skiped a cycle. (In fact, I still do maintain a CPU running on this operating system, just for fun ¹), and ever so now and then to regain the feeling that I actually understand what is going on inside a computer). I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  IT has happened!

No words can describe this utter 2-bit goodness that you’re about to experience! (URL) throw baby Ivan - No one reads these anymore. p.s. As I'm trying to post the message through this ridiculous web-interface, this pops-up: ---...--- ATTENTION You (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Webcast help

We are contemplating a webcast again this year for BrickFest, and in true rtlToronto-style, we've procrastinated. This year, we'd like to ask if there's anyone who can help us out with NT servers on fast backbones for serving video streams. Anyone? (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact