 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *104 (-20)
  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) I like the many ideas thrown around here. The line tracking idea is very appealing to me. Trying to get a 'bot to follow a zigzag line as quick as possible is challenging. The issues: how big can you make the 'bot and if you can only use parts (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting messages

(...) Hi, Jude how do I do this. Thanks. (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting messages

(...) Yes, you need to set up LUGNET as a news server. Jude (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Posting messages

Can someone tell me if you can post messages directly from outlook express, or if you have to go to the lugnet site to post only. (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) You know, I'd rather it stay reasonably small at around 100 people or less. The largest we've had is 70+ and that's already a litle large. I like it when people can go up to Jin or Rob and ask them how their robot works, and that those folks (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) I didn't think there was any pressure really at the competition on Saturday, though some of the other contestants might have felt otherwise. (1) It was very fun, especially *because* there was so large a crowd cheering the robots on. Remember, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) WOW, this is something i never thought about. how many other would not want to participate in a more public event?? what is our focus? (no really) :) are we aiming for a HUGE pay per view "battle bots" type show, or will we remain a small (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:G3L9v1.JCA@lugnet.com... (...) It (...) If the competitions we do in Toronto ever went that public, I think that I'd politely decline attending future events... :-/ (*far* too much (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

I'm wondering what the status is with what events will be held at the February competion? I know that there's been some discussion on cancelling the Sumo event, but unless you can come up with something equally simple both to explain and build for a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] November 10, 2000 Toronto Dinner

Hi folks, As usual, it's the rtlToronto second monthly Toronto get together and of course, everyone is welcome, especially those new to the Toronto Lego "scene" (?!) It is at: Mel's Deli 440 Bloor Street West (1 block east of Bathurst) Toronto (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Ideas...

Chris, Hi there. I have been very busy lately. Started up a web / ebiz company with a few people. Unfortunately, my time for lego building has taken a hit. I hope that some time I can make it out to one of the get togethers. Dave Chris Magno (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ideas...

(...) HI Dave. Glad you found us (again). We're doing a meeting second friday of every month. General lego chat. info is on the rtlToronto page: (URL) to see you there -- Chris Lego Walker now @ www.members.home.net.../index.htm (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ideas...

Hi all, It has been some time since I have been in touch with some of you. I built a 4 legged fire extinguisher a yr ago that would seek our a candle via the light sensor and engage pneumatics to blow it out. My site has pics under the robot link. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: looking for a few good pieces...

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I could probably cough up a few. I have 2853 and 2854, I think I've got plenty of both. I'll try to remember to check tonight: you're in luck, my technic is currently "well-organised" - (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ideas...

"Rob Stehlik" <Robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G39A8B.1q8@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Yeah! Agreed. You could pump up your air tank before going, and have a motor push a switch to "blow" out the fire. Use a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) But is it because you're complete, or because you like all the models? :) I'm one of those who believe "collecting" isn't as much fun as building or creating. As a result, I've found the "collector" mentality often to be about "Gotta Catch'em (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  looking for a few good pieces...

Hi everyone, I had a cool idea, but it will remain an idea until I can get my hands on some more of those crankshaft pieces. According to Technica, they are #2853. You know the engine crankshaft pieces that are offset, and accept a shaft in each (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ideas...

(...) Very Cool. I really like the fire fighter idea. I think storing air in a pneumatics tank would be better than the fan. Rather than knowing where the fire is, it would be better to have to find it. Rob (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Ideas...

Hmm... (URL) Iain (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) I guess I'm slow but I still don't get what's "heartless" about it. My heart soars every time I think that I'm 9V complete or monorail complete... ++Lar (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact