 Organizations / Canada / MonLUG / *527 (-40)
  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

Hello all, (...) Just so that you know; You have a whole crew of admirers and supporters on this side of our great country. We love your work, and hope you guys have a great show! Robin Sather Vancouver Lego Club (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) x-posted to Ottawa and ParLUGment Looking forward to seeing those who can make the trip. Jude (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) Pierre, Absolutely Spectacular!! I've look at some of your clubs postings in the past, but spent some extra time this morning looking at the beautiful work you guys do. The detail and creativity is outstanding! So original and innovative. The (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

A french message follows. Un message en français suit. Hello, I'm happy to announce MonLUG's sixth participation in a train show at the « Expo Train Modélisme » in the Montreal Area. It will be held at Georges Vanier High School in Laval (just north (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) (snip original msg) (...) Thanks! Actually, I counted at least 12 of this truck on the layout (I own 6 in different colors). It became pretty popular! ;-) I really like the Shell tanker and the garbage truck made respectively by Kevin and Luc. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Well done, MonLUG! Pierre: Thank you for taking some many pictures. I am impressed with how effective the semi-truck cab design proliferates through the layout. The different color schemes and subtle styling differences do make each one (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(URL) Hello! I just discovered your brilliant pics from the train show. Your display is just great, I love it, so many details! Each picture must be seen. I wonder how the containers' side walls are build and what the exact size of these containers (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Great stuff. Good work by all. :) I love the amusement park rides. The go-kart track makes clever use of tires. Of course the Toys 'R Us seems like a natural model for something made out of LEGO bricks. The details are wonderful. Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

Pierre, you and your friends have made a gorgeous layout; every inch of it you observe, there's a plenty of interesting ideas... But now, tell us: where do the skysraper windows come from? MegaBlocks? And the fencing in the Shell area (I mean where (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Wow, these are just great. So many fun little details, and I haven't even had the chance (or the bandwidth!) to look at them all yet. Excellent work! JohnG, GMLTC (fut .trains just to reduce redundancy...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) I have just uploaded my pictures to Brickshelf. The pictures are divided into 7 sections: Amusement Park: (URL) Commercial: (URL) Industrial: (URL) Port: (URL) Residential: (URL) Rural: (URL) and my personal favourite, my Junkyard Mega Wars (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Thanks! (snip) (...) I took over 100 megs of movie clips. Too heavy for internet... I'll burn a CD and give a copy to MonLUG guys at the next meeting. (snip) (...) Pierre (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Great pictures Pierre. I've been waiting impatiently for these all week. Looks like a great layout. The TOYS R US looks great Kevin. The whole shopping plaza looks great. Luc's motel, train station, and back alley look awesome. (URL) falling (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in it's fifth Montreal area train show. It was a great success and our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors. Here are my pics: (URL) (after moderation) There's 3 pages so be sure to look (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  MonLUG's 5th Train Show, November 8th and 9th

A french message follows. Un message en français suit. Hello, I'm happy to announce MonLUG's fifth participation in a train show at the « Expo Train Modélisme » in the Montreal Area. It will be held at Georges Vanier High School in Laval (just north (...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Nouveau membre? - Réponse!

Bonjour à tous! Juste quelques mots pour dire que la demande de Terry n'est pas restée lettre morte! Les réponses à ses questions lui ont été envoyées personnellement. C'est qu'étant abonné aux "news-by-mail", j'ai reçu son message dans mon email (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) Hi Pierre, As always: wonderful. You are the 'king of town vehicles' in my book. I really like the boom truck & the concrete truck....the details and functionality are great. Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Best, Jonathan (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) That's a shame, as they look brilliant in orange! Jason Railton (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) Hi Pierre, those trucks are among the very best in the whole net. I really love the details you put into all your models. Seeing the thumbs they all could be H0-scale vehicles as well and I think that is more than I ever expected to see in (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

Very good work Pierre I loved the concrete pump truck, looks like a Brazilian Volkswagen Truck from 80's, but is too low, maybe because of the concrete "crane", but still looks very good Keep your good work ;) See ya! []'s heliorsf@terra.com.br (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

In lugnet.town, Terry Prosper wrote: (snip) (...) These 2 trucks are red actually. They look orange because of the way the photos has been taken. I guess I'm better as a builder than as a photograph! ;-D Merci Terry! Pierre (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) That's what I like to hear! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) It's funny how photographing LEGO is so touch and go. Flash might be good for red, but bad for blue or black. I imagine a halogen or fluorescent light would get rid of the orangey hue. I assume it's yellow light with the red subject that makes (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Nouveau membre?

Salut! Je viens de déménager à Montréal (retour à la maison dans mon cas) et j'aimerais me joindre à Monlug, ou à tout le moins participer à une de vos rencontres pour voir de quoi il en retourne. Puis-je? Comment on procède? Terry (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) It's orange I think. judging by the color of the Minifig's hat (red) there is little doubt in my mind that the truck is orange. Joli travail Pierre! Terry (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) Thanks Tim! You're right about the red colour. :-( I'm using a new camera which is better than the one I was using before but I still need to learn how to fix some details such as lighting and colours... About the instructions... I'm working (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) Oh, wait a minute... Is that boom truck done in red? Because the 'red truck' looks orange to me too. Is it just my monitor, or is it the colour balance of the picture? Does it look orange to anyone else? Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) from? I really want one, and I had no idea Lego made them. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) I am always impressed with you MOC's. I really like the European Flat Nose Truck and I will be incorporating some of your ideas in future models. FANTASTIC! (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

Pierre, Great looking MOCs with lots of details! Thanks for posting these up and providing ideas for many of us. Ray SPLTC ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pierre Normandin" <pierre_normandin@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.town@lugnet.com>; (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) How very pretty these are. And they look fantasticly realistic. On the same grounds, I also like your Utility-truck and Camper. For these five, I could not find anything to say for improvement suggestions. With friendly greetings, M. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

(...) Very nice MOC's. I like the European look, and especially the working headlights. The concrete truck looks very authentic. And the way the forklift hooks on the back of the truck trailer too. Your red trucks look a little orange though. Might (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  I'm back with 4 new MOC vehicles!

Hi all! I've added 4 new town vehicles to my Brickshelf folder: 1- A boom truck: (URL) A concrete pump truck: (URL) An european flat nose truck: (URL) that the black version has working headlights! Thanks to the old 4.5 volts lights! :-) (URL) The (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !!

  The 1592 legend continues...

Hello all, The variations of the legendary set 1592 still inspire me. Astérix & Obélix is my favourite cartoon caracters and I wanted to do some Lego MOC around this theme. So of course, based on the 1592, it was easy to think about creating another (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !

  Re: MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Gianluca Morelli writes: (snip) (...) Someone found theses clone parts in a huge lot at a flea market. Pierre (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

(...) Excellent layout. Really beautiful! Now,let's start with questions :-) How did you make trhe bikes on the car rooftop here? (URL) they non-lego? How did you make those 6x6 windows? (URL) building.....here's an uncut view (I immediately noticed (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  MonLUG's Latest Train Show pics!

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in it's fourth Montreal area train show. And what a great weekend! :-) It was our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors, Jean-Marc Détraz from NovaLUG dropped by for a visit and we were (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !!

  Re: Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

(...) I only wish I could get a hold of a couple of those 3x3 yellow corners. You are VERY fortunate. And I've seen the pictures of your haul from that Red Letter Day - I can only dream <whimper>. Tim (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Pictures from MonLUG & ParLUGment Train and Town Layout

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:HD5pA7.K2E@lugnet.com... (...) A truly excellent model! My version, non tilting, Metroliner liveried with 40 stud-long coaches (URL) will be showing at the NBLTC show at LEGOLand (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact