 Organizations / Australia / 1576
Re: Colonial Wars (was Re: Yet more piratical space paraphenalia...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 02:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Richard Parsons writes:
The New South Wales Corps is always ready for a fracas.  Red coats, shakos,
long barrelled bayonetted muskets, muzzle loaded cannon, sabre wielding
cavalry - truly glorious in full flight :-)

Hmmm, I may have a slight technological advantage over you. Repeating
rifles, the odd machine gun, and at least one steam powered gunboat.

Repeaters!?  My guys were just about to learn about the new, breech loading
rifles.  And machine guns!? ... um ... what are they?

As to the steam powered gunboat, that's entirely cool.  If we end up adding
maritime flavours, I'll bring along Agamemnon:
  http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/aga/welcome.htm
She might not be able to follow you, but she'll most certainly pound on you...

How do you do the bayonets? My experiments to date haven't been wildly
successful.

http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=2932 - careful, its heretical ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...