 Local / Australia / 5438
Re: Yet more piratical space paraphenalia...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
How many troops can you cram in each APC?
Six fully armed troopers, plus three Black Guards, plus some equipment.  I
could probably sling in a bit more, but fully trained troopers are a bit
hard to come by (as are matching minifigs :-).

What are you after figwise? If you've got x-team perhaps we can arrainge
cross-institutional studies...

Your APCs remind a little of the ones in Starship Troopers...
Cool.  I remember seeing the ones in ST and thinking, hey, they'd be a
doddle to do, and I guess they were the inspiration.  But I couldn't bring
myself to watch the movie again to check it out.

Ahhh. Starship Troopers, B-grade sci-fi on an A-grade budget. As always,
never as good as the book (and the book wasn't a prize winner either).

and some of the new heavier attack craft at
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/esp/esp-5.htm
I like the detail on these models...black w/ intimidating lines, angles, and
accessories.  I have always been a fan of 2+ man vehicles for my forces...I
like your side by side design.
Must nod head to James Howse (Oztralian afol and gamemaster extraordinaire)
who put me onto the design, having built some attack craft based on
Warhammer designs (I think - not my field really).  You can just make them
out in this poor photograph of mine from one of our recent fests:

It'd Warhammer 40,000 the sci-fi strand of the game,
A better picture (oh hang on, checking it out it's merely another picture)
Presumably taken at the same point in the action, different angle.

I'll make sure there are some better pictures after the next get-together.

James (who is enjoying a bit of starship design himself)

P.S. Capt. Quirk wanted me to tell you how annoyed he was to find that the
Fleet requisition officer sent to fetch a <set:7106> for an engine cowling
(mounted horizontally thanks DaveL) came back instead with a small villa
<set:3052>. The Recq officer complains that there are no more 7106s in the
sector and $20 for a 3052 was just too good (where do these sets come from???)

P.P.S. Work on the 01-Sword of Alexander progresses well dispite not being
at a registered shipyard and several design changes, look out for it on the 25th

Well...if there's another 3052 around for $20 I'd be interested :) [perhaps
arriving by pirate-post with the welshishish contingent in June.]

Also, I'd be interested in the odd Johny thunder [or however many seem to be
around] along with baron von barons, the fig from 5901/5902 (total wanted is
5), and minifigs [or at least the hats] from the flash speeders. Rifles are
also useful...although the Brik-toria barracks weapons procurement
department has been making great armament choices...lets hope the ammunition
is of a better quality than last battle, though.[1]

Benjamin Whytcross

[1] The officer responsible for ammunition procurement was last seen heading
towards a welshishish engineer, carrying a flamethrower, and believed to be
happily exclaiming "Luckily there's no way this plan could work with this
batch of ammunition."