 Organizations / Australia / 1454
Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:40:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:

James (who isn't a member of the "International" thingy that's Americans only)

Yes, well, that has me a bit cheesed off (not your siggy, but that there's
good reason for it to be making a swipe). I am totally baffled why after all
the fuss and bother the ringleaders wouldn't invite everyone to participate,
after all it's an information sharing channel, and I suspect there might be
a speck or two of info that people outside of North America have that would
be useful.

But despite some of Peter W.s clever backformations of the Acronym, IOLTC
isn't my circus to run, I'm jus' the lion (hear me roar!).

I wish you guys all the best on your upcoming show. Mine the trains.org
group for info, there's a lot out there. (like, make sure you have a double
ended siding in the center of your hollow square (do NOT do a solid 3mx4m
table with no hollow, you'll be sorry) to move rolling stock on and off
from... make sure you have lots of handouts (contact me for a copy of the
one we used, or NALUG for theirs, etc.), and make sure you have enough
people to work the event)

++Lar