 Off-Topic / Geek / 659
Re: One of the Mindfest pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 00:16:13 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
snip

Those Libretto's are cool.  I wish I could have taken the one from
my old office to my new office here at UT.  I'm hoping a friend will
have something like that I can borrow for our trip to Europe next
year so I can copy digicam pics over to it.  If not, I hope the
Panasonic digicam that's supposed to come out using the Superdisk is
good enough for my purposes.
snip
--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/

That's an interesting bit of news about a superdisk based digicam.
(I'll have to pop over to altavista...[1])
We have had excellent results with Sony Mavica FD-83's at school.
They are floppy based, but can also take short mpeg movies with sound.
Even people who have never used one before have been very pleased
with how easy they are to use.

Of course I prefer my dept's Sony DSC-D700, now there is a sweet camera,
(as long as someone else is footing the bill).  Slap in a 64mb compactflash,
and shoot all afternoon.  Or if you are alergic to jpeg artifacts, shoot
about 15
shots uncompressed.  Very highly recommended. Almost like using a 35mm slr.

(I really liked my Kodak DC-120 until I handled the DSC-D700)
:?(  bishop

[1] ok a 60 sec. search didn't educate me, where did you find data on the
    Panasonic camera?