 Off-Topic / Geek / 4712
Re: LUGNET news RSS feed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:38:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Dan Boger wrote:
The new feed can be found here:

  http://peeron.com/tickers/lugnetnews.xml

If you want to see what it'll look like in a RSS aggregator, or if you're using
a broken browser

Like IE 6.0, for example? What percentage of users use it? Pretty high, isn't
it?

I find it frustrating that developers either have to allow for MS broken-ness,
or  disenfranchise a bunch of users, most of whom want nothing to do with
pro/anti MSness, or just want to use the tools they are given rather than become
involved in installing and supporting other browsers.

Seems like a no win situation.

that doesn't know how to show unformatted XML, you can try this
link:

  http://www.bloglines.com/preview?siteid=286564

That link really didn't convince me of why this RSS feed is a value add, I'm
afraid, as it shows all the posts with no structure whatever, in the order they
appear on the server.